Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Busy weekend!

Its been a very hectic weekend! Liz arrived on thursday, and had to do Thursday night church that evening, then Friday was dress shopping for Liz's wedding - yep, me in a dress! Hmmm reserving judgement! Then we ran Youth Drop-in. Then the highlight of the weekend... Pathfinder camp! Great fun, but hard work. 12 great 11-13s. But I'm suffering now... the pain in my knees is through the roof! If one night of camping does that to me, how will i cope with running the camp for 5 days at Soul Survivor? Prayers appreciated. Though the leaders I have in support are amazing. Alison I love you!
Tried to chill out for the rest of saturday, we showed our faces at the Orchard School Fayre, then went for an amazing cream tea at church - visit St Andrew's coffee shop if u can! (Opening times). Visiting relatives on saturday evening, an endurance feat but we survived!
Church was good, a vibrant service and wonderful to see my pathfinders return from camp in such high spirits!
Yesterday was stressful, apparently it is possible to make 4 major errors with one booking. If i have to send yet more cheques i will be unimpressed. School and More to Life was great, despite a missing leader. We made helmets of salvation and checked how protected we are from attack and how important it is that we have a knowledge of our salvation because we dont always feel it.
Right, today is my day off. Im going to drive my parents to get their car fixed and then go into town to see what i can get in the way of camping equipment to make things easier on my knees. Think i may treat myself to a new sleeping bag too...one that wasnt a drain pipe in a former life!
Please pray for the continuing preparations for Soul Survivor - im struggling to find space to transport all the equipment and all the people! Gar!
Ok i off, im awaiting a call from the chair of the PCC - they sat deciding my future last night... hmmm!
God bless x

1 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I like the fact that I'm the only one who understands the drain pipe comment!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home