Monday, October 09, 2006

Finally its over

Well i have survived the weekend. I wont comment majorly, its not fair on those involved, but generally it was a good weekend and the kids enjoyed it. We have built good relationships with the kids. Alison was brilliant. Couldnt have done it with out her. We are going to be reviewing all the off site policies i think though! It's been interesting and im mentally, physically and emotionally exhausted. I need time to regroup and pull myself together. I have some other massve things coming up and I need to be able to cope with them.
I've had Phil shadowing me this morning. He is the Children's and Youth worker for St Mary's in Longbenton, Newcastle. That is our twin parish. He's really nice, it was a great to spend time with someone near my own age and who isnt from my work (well not technically!). He sat in the office while i sorted out the paperwork after the weekend. Then he helped me find the illustrations for my Alpha talk. Then we went to the pub to hang out - yay! I beat him at pool, then he decided to teach me to play darts - and i beat him at that too! He he!
Tomorrow is my day off, I am going to Marlborough with my Mum to meet up with Jane, yay! Will be nice to see her. Havent seen her since February and that was fairly brief! Jane was like an 'adopted' Mum to me during my final year at Uni so that will be lovely to see her.
Tonight i may go to the informal prayer and worship evening at church. I need some time to receive. Particularly as i couldnt join Ali in the service last night as i had to be at Holy Smoke and i missed Church yesterday as i was on the IOW supervising all weekend!! It really depends on if I'm still awake!
Next week finds me having more surgery... I'm not looking forward to it, and that is massive understatement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home